I’ve always really enjoyed looking at what others carry around with them day in and day out, and I’ve spent a lot of time trying different things and distilling what works best for me. Hopefully this is helpful!
After picking up my camera, I switched my bag over to a Lowepro Fastpack 250, which is a great everyday bag because it will carry my camera gear plus my travel/tech gear. For a while now I’ve spent at least 150 days on the road every year, which means I really prize the ability to have everything that I need ready to go without having to think about it.
After struggling with solutions like Gridit for a while, I stumbled upon the Amazon Universal Travel Case, which is amazing. This box has everything I need to support my devices anywhere in the world.
Without any further ado, here’s what I carry around every day:
Items 1-14 all go in my Amazon case (#15), 16-18 go in my pockets, everything else goes straight in the bag.
- Mini DisplayPort => VGA Adapter
- Lightning => HDMI Adapter
- Mini DisplayPort => HDMI Adapter
- Native Union JUMP Cable with Micro USB Connector
- Travel surge protector
- Targus Presentation Remote
- Kikkerland UL03-A Universal Travel Adapter
- Spare Euro plug adapter
- Square Reader
- AA Batteries
- Mini USB Cable
- Micro USB Cables
- 45W Apple Power Adapter with PlugBug
- HDMI Cable
- Amazon Universal Travel Case
- Car key
- Kershaw Cryo
- “Dance Floor” micro flap wallet from OneStarLeatherGoods. It looks like he doesn’t make this model any more, but all of his stuff is quality.
- ExOfficio Boxers, because nobody has ever said “I’m so glad I don’t have a spare pair of underwear with me”
- AAA Batteries
- CR123A Batteries
- Some $5 bills. I try to keep 10 fivers in my pack all the time, because they’re always useful for tipping while traveling.
- Streamlight Tactical Flashlight – SO BRIGHT, although I’m thinking about switching to a flashlight with both red and white bulbs like this guy
- Maui Jim sunglasses
- Business cards from Moo
- Jetpack Battery Pack – This is the best battery pack I’ve ever used.
- Shout Wipes, because I
likelove to spill on myself
- 11″ MacBook Air – So tiny and light, so powerful
- Bose QC20i Headphones – Good sound, great noise canceling, but my ears get sore after having these in for more than 3-4 hours at a time, so on longer trips I also carry
- Bose QC15 Headphones (now discontinued)
- 3.5mm Audio Cable – for tunes in rental cars
- Fujifilm X-T1 with 18-135mm Lens
- Fujinon XF 35mm F1.4 Prime Lens
- Wide Angle and Macro lens adapter – Recommended to me by Jeff Golenski, it’s a fun and useful lens adapter for under $30
- Lens cloth
- Fuji Flash
- Focus Rapid Shoulder Sling
- Extra camera batteries
- Camera battery charger
- Camera Remote Control
Also, I forgot to take this out of its special pocket, but I also carry a pill box with Advil, Tylenol, Zantac, Immodium, and Pepto Bismol. Because sometimes life hurts. Also, whenever I travel, I also throw my Kindle Paperwhite in there, but it’s sitting on my nightstand right now.
Is there something I’m missing? A better version of something I’m carrying? Chime in!